Re: Aurora Spy Plane

Message posted by Gimbal12 on January 17, 2012 at 4:34:28 PST:

The A12 project started before the U2 was really fully completed so it would make sense that that same template would be used again to build the next generation while the A12 was being developed. But politics may have questioned budgets and the emergence of powerful satellites along with the UAV's that were on the drawing board may have got the nod over it.

Hypersonic travel is fraught with problems but will in time be developed so as to be able to launch an attack from US soil on a far away foreign land and hit the target within an hour. It seems to me current US defence policy is about pulling back from having assets spread all over the Planet and the costs involved in doing that. European allies must protect their own land and seas as well as handling other threats in neighbouring Countries. The US will focus on Asia and South America.

But for sure I have no doubt a technology demonstrator was at 51 and causing those Sky Quakes but I doubt anyone saw it or knows its name. It is possible it could have moved somewhere more remote where people could not hear that unusual noise. UAV's UCAV's are the future F22's and F35's will lead these squadrons and battle manage them. If a quick response is required to a situation and there is no UCAV loitering in the area a Hypersonic weapon will be ideal. Who knows what the X-37b role(s) will eventually be but for sure warfare is and will continue to move into Space more and more. I don't think there was a Hypersonic replacement for the SR-71.

In Reply to: Re: Aurora Spy Plane posted by themadgenius on January 17, 2012 at 3:32:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]