Re: "The Green Door"

Message posted by panamint on December 08, 2011 at 16:35:10 PST:

I actually have some 'memorabilia' from my father that had the goblin on it. While the bits and pieces didn't have the catchphrase, or the US map, it did have the cloak and dagger goblin, and his eyes were sky blue. Some of these personal items had years on them, and ranged from 1973-76. What little I know about my father (he died when I was young), and his time in the AF, this time frame puts him 'stationed' at Kirtland AFB, Ramstein AB, Shemya AB, Chicksands AB, Nellis AFB, and Patrick AFB. I put stationed in quotes, because he was never really stationed anywhere- what I remember of him as a kid, he was never home, always TDY to lord knows where. Trying to piece together the little bits of info I could gather from his old AF documents, and the missions of the aforementioned bases (or at least one of them), I'm guessing this patch has something to do with a unit dealing with satellite based intelligence gathering.

I'd love to know more about any of this, and hopefully you find this an interesting tidbit.

In Reply to: "The Green Door" posted by wheresjanet on December 08, 2011 at 15:40:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]