Re: Fly By Wire Blimp.....

Message posted by jeff on January 12, 2002 at 12:51:38 PST:

Paul,

I attended an American Airlines reception that was being held for their museum in the DFW area about 2 years ago. The guest speaker was the President of Skunk Works. I forget his name but included it on a previous post about boats (off topic) on this forum some time ago. He brought some slides. One of which was of a boat. Also one was of a blimp. During his talk he said they were currently working on a number of projects. Some included lighter then air technology. He even stated they had looked into the possibility of a lighter then air-refueling platform. He said they were also working on how to disguise such a large type of aircraft. He mentioned some type of mirror system or reflective system. It is hard for me to remember what else, but he did mention they had worked on lighter then air surveillance platforms as well. As mentioned before he stated they were working on boats, along with stealth weapons such as missiles, bombs, and even underwater weapons stealth technology. My old post with the gentlemen’s name was some time ago so it might be archived or deleted by now. I know I have the pamphlet that was handed out and I will try to find it.

In Reply to: Fly By Wire Blimp..... posted by PaulReinman on December 21, 2001 at 5:23:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]