Re: Camera on Tikaboo- Just Ask

Message posted by greatguess on November 03, 2011 at 10:14:55 PST:

I sent this to the BLM this morning - I don't expect a reply but who knows.....

----------------------------------------------------

Ms. McAdams-Knunz,

Could I please get a copy of "Attachment A Stipulations" which is cited in the attached document -

Documentation of Categorical Exclusion
DOI-BLM-NV-L030-2011-0009-CX
January 2011
Tikaboo Peak Climate Monitoring Station

"Attachment A Stipulations" and any other documentation that might have been included with this package are missing from my copy.
There seems to be a discrepancy in the document which at one point states the size of the installation to be a "20'x20 enclosure area (or smaller)"' and in another location states the size as "25'x25' ". Is that discrepancy being addressed or was it just missed in the review of the document? The system is located on a relatively small area at the peak which limits use of the space by the public for recreational camping - was that taken into account as an impact?

The Tikaboo Peak site where this is installed is on public land used as part of a hiking trail including overnight camping on occasion.
Was any consideration given to that fact prior to the installation of the system?

The installed system includes a video surveillance camera which is not mentioned in the document. Will the data from that camera be available to the public? Does the system also collect audio with the video? Is the video/audio system remotely controlled and if so by what agency and for what purpose?

Was the plan to install this system opened for public comment before it was approved and installed? The first any of the hikers knew of the system was its discovery during a hike to the peak.

I appreciate your assistance in making sure that this installation is not only in compliance with all applicable statutes.

Attached link: BLM Wx Station Document

In Reply to: Camera on Tikaboo- Just Ask posted by gp3po on November 03, 2011 at 4:32:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]