Re: the UAV that got away

Message posted by gary on December 29, 2001 at 12:49:50 PST:

It would be interesting to get a photo of the Predator control station at Indian Springs and see if we could spot something similar at Groom. I know the Global Hawk is run by satellite (though it uses standard ATC freqs and callsigns Ryan1 or High Tech depending on military or civilian control). So does the control site have a small dish?

The Global Hawk is pretty big, so it has room for a dish under it's radome. I'm not sure if something small like a Predator can do the same.

Back to Fiddel, Barabara Simpson, whom most of you have heard on Art Bell's Coast to Coast, does a talk show on the weekends locally that is political, not supernatural. Anyway, one caller said the CIA had a plane to kill Castro by convincing the Cuban population that the 2nd coming of Christ has happened. Knowing God hates communists, they would revolt against Castro. OK, I didn't say it was a good plan.

The US has a clever trick that really screws up Cuba. Any boat the docks in Cuba gets really crappy customs service when it docks in the US. Supposedly there are "stamps" to indicate where the ships have been, but of course the US goverment tracks anything docking in Cuba electronically as well. The slow customs treatment is very costly to the boat operator since it is out of commision, so they avoid docking in Cuba.

In Reply to: Re: the UAV that got away posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on December 29, 2001 at 12:23:08 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]