Re: White Triangle over Amarillo

Message posted by Steve Douglass on September 03, 2011 at 6:38:59 PST:

Where do I begin,

Have Blue, Tacit Blue, The U-2, SR-71 were all tested in daylight. Once the first daylight photos of the F-117 began showing up in publications - the USAF begrudgingly admitted the program existed. One might argue that the following programs only flew in daylight over the restricted test ranges. Not entirely true. The F-117 was spotted on several occasions over California and one even crashed there.

If you had read the post on Black Horizon - you'll note that the object was not moving - so it was not a supersonic airframe. If anything it was ultra subsonic - say maybe of the airship variety. It was also so very high that the chances that it would be spotted and even photographed was a million to one shot.

Unless one happened to be looking up (as we were) at that particular piece of sky chances are slim to none that anyone would have seen it.

At first it glinted - then faded to a fainted white 1/2 a speck. I think the only reason it glinted was because it was turning and momentarily reflected the sun. You can see the aspect change in the high rez version of the photos.

So - just postulating here - why would it be flying over Amarillo?

1: It was on a test flight and for reasons of the test it couldn't be
contained inside a secret test range.
2: It was not on a test flight and is operational and was being positioned (flown) to a target area .
3. (and I'm just spit-balling here) It's a COMINT platform and it was positioned over the CONUS to suck up some signals or it is a communications relay platform of some sort (sort of a poor man's LEO satellite) and was on a active mission.

4. There's a particularly infamous anniversary coming up that has (and rightfully so) the government worried enough that it might warrant placing an eavesdropping/com relay platform up over the central U.S. At the link you'll find a NASA study on the value of lighter-than-air costal surveillance platforms. Just maybe the current mission is of such importance and the risk of discovery of said program (and IMHO was so very low) that it was decided to put the beast up.

In closing - I don't think your argument was valid - and (on a personal note) it smacked of douchebagery - because you didn't address your previous post where you stated that it was some kind of micro-cloud or optical anomaly (lens flare) that even those without cameras experienced plus you added the little personal gig that people in Amarillo are either crazy or abnormal or we wouldn't be living here.

Now .. now .. now.

Attached link: NASA Study.

In Reply to: Re: White Triangle over Amarillo posted by JoenTX on September 02, 2011 at 22:32:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]