Area 51 Object that has me scratching my head..

Message posted by Uncle Aina on August 27, 2011 at 14:44:40 PST:

I've search the threads and not seen mention of this...can't believe it hasn't been discussed before, so pardon me if I'm beating a dead horse here.

The "thing" I am talking about is not labeled on the Google Earth plug in and is REALLY ODD LOOKING. It looks like a submarine frankly - though that makes no sense; but that's what it looks like. It's located directly East of the building labeled "Compressor Building 447" on the Google Earth plug in..just South of Hanger 8's runway. I note that there's a large fence obscuring it from view by anyone who would be silly enough to hike up to Tikaboo Peak and make a large wall poster using a 2000mm lens (^_).

It's 25 meters long, about 5 meters high, looks light blue in some photos, has a "conning tower", and no right angles to be seen. The front appears to have a dark band, almost like a cockpit and the tail area is shaped like fins. First photos show it there in 2006. It looks slightly different in these early images. My only guess is perhaps some kind of a pressure vessel like a hyperbaric chamber? Large autoclave for composites? Perhaps needs "compression" from the building next door? Or maybe they dragged a submarine from the ocean, carried it 1200 miles and placed it next to a runway for some obvious reason...

There's a short concrete pad from the main runway that leads in this direction. A 2009 image appears to show a white radar reflector (perhaps a reflection..hard to say) near the "front".

Whatever it is, it's unlike any of the buildings on the site, and unlike anything I've ever seen in a sat photo. That's why I expect it HAS been talked about before...

So..please help me out here..WHAT IS THIS THING??!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]