Re: Janets at Atlanta Hartsfield

Message posted by Matthew Ruch on August 23, 2011 at 18:06:23 PST:

WJ,

I respect you as a poster on these boards, we both have been here a long time and have posted much information at many different points in time.

As an employee of Delta TechOps and as I am currently looking at the SLA for the Janet Fleet where the customer is listed at "USAF / Boeing", I must respectfully disagree with your assertion.

Truth be told as with everything having to do with our favorite undisclosed testing facility, the trail is so winding and complex that there is no way to prove either of us as wrong.

Short of providing you with a copy of the SLA itself, which would definitively end up with me losing my very good and much needed job, there is no way to prove anything.

What I can provide you with though is a copy of a ship specific SLA for a Navy C40 currently in Atl. These are NOT confidential but will give you an idea of how these are written up on our end.

As you can see Boeing is actually listed as the customer and provides us with the manuals and procedures as is customary for work performed under our Part 145 Repair station certificate.

I hope this provides you with some insight!

Regards,

Matt

Customer: USN / Boeing

Tail#: 165834
Model# C40A
Line#: 1174
MSN: 32598
Eng Type: CFM56

W/O#:
90487-03
Job#: 64132

Summary Information Only – Refer to Visit Binder in the Work Center for Further Details

Visit Type:
4C / Gear Change / Paint

Planned Days: 28 plus 10 Days for the Paint

Est. Tag off date:
1 August 2011

Authority:

FAA Mechanic Certificate Required to sign work cards:
No

ETOPS: Yes

ETOPS Significant Items List Location: Posted (Delta’s ETOPS Significant Item List)

Qualifications:
None

RII List: Delta’s RII List – TOPP 40-30-05

Training:
ETOPS Awareness CBT

Manuals:
On stand alone computers.

GMM:
C Coord – In Work Center Binder

Process Standard Manuals:
As approved by Rep.

Paperwork:
Boeing Task Cards and Delta E-Nonroutine Cards

Note: You are to request non-routine cards to be generated to facilitate and provide sign offs for additional work required by a job task card that is not specifically detailed in the task card.

Signature style:
1st Initial, Last Name, Employee Number, Date (6/11/11)

Parts: Fully Intergraded / Delta Expendables / Boeing Service Bulletin Kits

Approved Servicing Material: Oils / fluids / greases etc. Per AMM

Engineering:
As approved by Rep.

Tooling:
Delta

Log Book:
Signed at the end of the visit

Cleaning:
As required

Customer Rep: TBD

Delta Rep: Randy Hawkins (Holds daily briefing)

Other:
ITAR – Fenced with Security Guards

Aircraft Location:
Bay 7 ˝

Fuel:
USN

International Arrival:
No

In Reply to: Re: Janets at Atlanta Hartsfield posted by wheresjanet on August 23, 2011 at 16:30:55 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]