Janets at Atlanta Hartsfield

Message posted by Matthew Ruch on August 23, 2011 at 1:39:55 PST:

Gentlemen thank you for your patience while I tracked down this information for you all.

The reason that EG&G, DoD and many other government agencies contract work on their airliner fleets to Delta TechOps is because the government does not actually own even a single airliner. All of them are direct leased from Boeing. As such, the military is not authorized to actually perform anything other than basic line maintenance on civilian aircraft.

This is how Delta TechOps comes into the picture. As the 2nd largest MRO in the world, and largest in the united states we contract through Boeing for heavy check and modification support.

As I was looking through the information I was surprised to see that we are picking up the contract for the Navy's new P-8 Poseidon fleet. We also handle the C-40 fleet for the Navy as well as the DoD VIP 757 fleet. We probably do more but I haven't had the time to look further into it...

It is almost certain when doing either initial airframe classes or more advanced Avionics, Autoland, or Rigging classes on the 737 or 757 at our training center in Atlanta that you will have at least one or two military personnel in class with us.

I hope this information clears up some of the confusing as to why Janets make routine visits to TechOps in atlanta.

Regards,

Matt

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]