Re: DARPA - we have a problem ...

Message posted by Mark Lincoln on August 13, 2011 at 21:28:11 PST:

Then Teddy Roosevelt was entirely wrong?

That America should only exist to benefit the few rather than the many?

Teddy Roosevelt favored female suffrage, social security, socialized medicine, a minimum wage, the eight hour work day, the Securities Exchange Commission, worker's compensation and the Federal Income Tax. (See Bull Moose Party Platform).

What do you think Teddy Roosevelt meant when he accused 'Malefactors of Great Wealth' of being the worst enemies America had?

I don't see how there is any chance of escaping cuts in defense as eliminating ALL non-defense federal discretionary spending will not eliminate the deficit created by the tax cuts of the last decade and the 70% defense spending increases of the same period.

Nor do I think that American taxpayers who have been forced to pay into Social Security and Medicare will be happy to have the insurance they have been forced to pay for diverted to fund tax cuts for the rich and endless increases in defense spending.

I would recommend that REAL conservative republicans like Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and George Herbert Walker Bush ALL sought to cut unnecessary defense spending for sound fiscal reasons.

We all have to expect cuts in programs if there are to be no increases in taxes. Nor is anyone not willing to pay for the spending they demand reasonable in professing superior 'patriotism' to those who are willing to pay for what they want.

Please excuse this digression into politics in response to your political post.

In Reply to: Re: DARPA - we have a problem ... posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on August 13, 2011 at 12:07:43 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]