Re: Reply to Zipper upon the politics of Groom Lake

Message posted by Eagle Scout on July 15, 2011 at 9:15:21 PST:

“Never discuss politics or religion in mixed company.”

It hardly takes an Aristotle or a de Tocqueville to figure out that there's a political twist to any discussion of military bases & programs funded with tax dollars. Me, I came to this field via military intelligence; I have a couple degrees in political science. Everything is political, in my view.

But this forum is not the place. Some people think everything at Groom Lake has to do with aliens. The people who own this piece of cyberspace have said that's not a welcome topic of discussion. I don't see how this is up for debate. The same rule has been laid down with respect to politics.

As for the Janets, I'm with you; to me, they're just buses with wings. To each his own and all that, but I don't see the fascination. Of course, the fact that they're piloted by human-gray hybrids is noteworthy, but that's a discussion topic for ATS or some such. Not DLR. (And I hear that those gray-human hybrids are all huge Ayn Rand fans.)

I'm interested in the engineering work that has or is being done at Groom Lake, Palmdale, Edwards, and places like that. Stealth helicopters--who knew? But when other topics come up, as long as they're not annoying ones like the aliens at S4 or who did or didn't singlehandedly win the Cold War, I just skim 'em and move on. What's the big deal?

In Reply to: Re: Reply to Zipper upon the politics of Groom Lake posted by Mark Lincoln on July 14, 2011 at 21:03:36 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]