Re: OT: Skylon

Message posted by Gregos on June 03, 2011 at 11:38:16 PST:

I remember back when I was in middle and high school, I used to "play hooky" from school to watch the Space Shuttle launches. That's before the NASA Channel and when CNN covered the launches all day long. My parents used to get so pissed when I asked them to write the note for the school, especially when NASA achieved their brief "Launch-a-Month Schedule!" But they understood my love for aviation and I would learn more in one day at home then they would ever teach at a public school.

Anyway, I remember during the early coverage of the launches, HOTOL always came up as the next generation STS system. Attached is a link to HOTOL / Skylon with some nifty blueprints, etc...

Now that the Space Shuttle Program is nearly over and Russia is going to charge $56 Million to take a US Astronaut into space, I hope Burt Rutan gets some funding for his projects to ensure America's foothold in space. Open the "BurtWorks!" Just my "patriotic" 2¢

Attached link: HOTOL

In Reply to: Re: OT: Skylon posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on June 03, 2011 at 9:48:36 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]