Re: Area51 Land Withdrawl Hearing

Message posted by Gregos on May 23, 2011 at 10:29:59 PST:

Good luck on that crusade! The land grab is basically a forever thing. I did write three letters. Two FOIA to the BLM office in Reno. They had a very pleasant woman named Anna Wharton from the Las Vegas Office who replied and met with me after a few telephone calls. Below is my FOIA request. But before she made the effort in coping all related material, she suggested I visit the North Las Vegas Office in person. I'm glad I did. Most of the info were letters of protest from people all over Nevada as well as the United States. There were probably 2,000 pages if not more! I'm not joking! Not that she wouldn't copy all those pages but at 10 cents a page, it would have been a hefty bill for basically nothing.

So in a nut shell, Anna's information was indeed the USAF ownership of the land has expired in November 2001. But the BLM's policy is to honor their "ownership" until the USAF officially gives it back. She said from what she knew of Area 51, that's never going to happen. So my response was, so it's officially public land so I can go out and walk on it. Not a chance! I said how can I write a request to the Air Force to officially return it then. Write your congressman. I believe that was my 3rd Letter but can't seem to find that brief response. IMHO, it will never be returned to the BLM as public land so I've pretty much given up on it. It's not worth arguing the grey area with the Feds and doing hard time at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary with a celly named Bubba! Tikaboo Peak and DLR's satellite photos will have to do.

In Reply to: Re: Area51 Land Withdrawl Hearing posted by greatguess on May 21, 2011 at 17:31:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]