Holy crap

Message posted by Chris McDowell on May 17, 2011 at 23:21:41 PST:

I watched The Daily Show tonight specifically because Jacobsen was the guest. I had such high hopes for this book, because until now it had been marketed as a sensible, real-life account of the history of our favorite base.

Dear Lord, was I disappointed. This woman is nuts. She went off on some fairy tale about how Stalin, in 1947, somehow arranged a crash in New Mexico of a saucer-like craft containing "child-sized aviators," whatever the hell that means. I truly could not believe what I was hearing. Anyway, this craft was supposedly trucked off (again in 1947) to Area 51 for study, and that was the genesis of the base. I never, ever do this, but I actually found myself yelling at the TV, "The place wasn't even built until 1955!"

Anyway, end of rant. So, instead of a truly revelatory book on the subject, we get a story that is even a bigger pile of crap than Roswell-Lazar, and I didn't think that was possible.

- Chris M.

In Reply to: Re: Mrs. Jacobson interview on NPR posted by Peter Merlin on May 17, 2011 at 18:59:01 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]