Re: trip report (oct 2,2001)

Message posted by gary on December 16, 2001 at 18:45:23 PST:

I would need to know where you observed the event after they made you move to completely understand the situation.

Initially, it sounded like you were parked by the side of the road near the stop sign, but then you mention driving the dirt road towards the highway, which implies you were down Groom Lake Rd a bit, so it is difficult to analyze the event.

Groom Lake Rd. drops slowly for a while, but then rises again, so it is possible to find yourself in a position where you can't see the ET Highway. To make thing even more confusing, parts of the EY Highway near the summit are visible from Groom Lake road, so you see thse lights floating in the sky, either white if approaching or red if leaving. Lastly, you get a funny reflection from the stop sign as you drive on Groom Lake Rd towards the ET highway. I verified this by flashing my lights and seeing the mirage do the same.

I think the key to observing events around Groom Lake is to observe the ordinary. For instance, park at the gravel and watch a vehicle drive down Groom Lake Road. After a while, the vehicle seems to be gone, but later a light appears in the air much higher than than the last time you saw the vehicle. Obviousl, the vehicle was hidden in a gully then went up a hill.

In Reply to: Re: trip report (oct 2,2001) posted by Albin Anna on December 16, 2001 at 15:34:26 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]