Nothing about this raid surprises me anymore

Message posted by Roadeye on May 11, 2011 at 8:46:25 PST:

According to reports filed by a journalist working for the "The Guardian" in England, there has been a long standing deal between the U.S. and Pakistan that clearly ok'd a raid by American forces should Bin Laden be located in that country.
Appearently the deal, initialy between the Bush administration and the Pakistani government, was struck shortly after the 911 attacks and was renewed a few years ago.
What was also discussed between the two governments was how both countries should conduct themselves should Bin Laden be captured or killed on Pakistani soil.
According to the agreements, new and old, Pakistan would allow the States to do what it wished and then respond with "appropriate outrage" or words to that effect, that it's territorial boundries were crossed without permission...for which the Americans would make no appologies.
Well...
That's exactly what happened folks.
So keeping that in mind, the fact that some parts of some "mysterious chopper" have been left behind, available to be shown to the Chinese, or whoever else cares to look at them for that matter, doesn't surprise me at all.
Why not kill two birds or more with one stone?
A little misinformation can go a long long way.
Especially when it comes with a little pre-agreed upon sabre rattling to sweeten the bait.
Ya gotta love international intrigue don't you?
Cheers!

In Reply to: This just really pisses me off! posted by Robert on May 10, 2011 at 14:21:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]