Re: Basecamp Planes

Message posted by Richard C on December 11, 2001 at 16:05:13 PST:

Hi Joerg,

These particular aircraft, and others of the 427th SOS fleet have been seen all around the USA and in European countries also (believe it or not)
They are not secret, so why not hold a training exercise at Basecamp?
The 352nd SOS here in the UK which use MH53M, MC130H and MC130P's do these kind of execises in full view of the public, as was the SBS show, albeit at night but it was a functional RAF airfield which is also used by as a regional airport!!

The 427th SOS have been seen in quite a few places, getting ready to conduct secret operations.
Take the conflicts in Iraq for example..they were operating there, from Incirlik AB in Turkey using Aviocars... another parachutists dream aircraft.

My guess is still that the 427th were conducting an exercise for their operations into Afghanistan.. as were many other teams probably..

I know its hard for me to say this...and to do sometimes, but when you see like Gary saw, aircraft at Basecamp, should of stuck around for the show, probably that night or the coming nights/days... impossible of course if time is not on your hands...

I was viewing my local Ops through my russian made night vision... perfect for the show that went on...

Rich

In Reply to: Re: Basecamp Planes posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 11, 2001 at 15:52:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]