Re: Some extra airspace was needed last night

Message posted by Gimbal on March 11, 2011 at 2:16:51 PST:

I am a Newbie here and have had several replies to my posts and have not been treated with any distain and felt welcome from word go. It's a great site and I have thoroughly enjoyed going back through old posts and other areas especially the Roadrunners section. Joerg and Peter Merlin and others here really know their stuff no two ways about it.

As an amatuer astronomer I contribute on Science sites too and you soon learn you cannot just post something because you have a gut feeling, it needs to be backed up. Someone posted a video here of an F117 flying around Groom, it was natural for some to question the age of the video i.e. was it recent?

I asked if someone more local would verify the weather that day as there were heavy thunder clouds on the horizon. Someone came back and said that there was a lot of rain around that day so it went someway to back it up. The original poster of the video did not like it but failed to see we were validating the video and removing doubt about its authenticity. In the end the majority gave it the thumbs up.

For sure Roadeye this site is monitored and is open to anyone to post debunking comments if they wish to do so but they can be easily spotted. I see stange lights in the skies all the time from my local observatory, we are so high up we can see planes heading for Heathrow and Gatwick up to 25 miles out. To those who don't know better they wonder what the hell is that formation of lights over there? Recently people seem to got into the fad of releasing Chinese Laterns at night and this has sparked UFO chit chat.

Many Humans want to know there is something else out there and often see what they want to see.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when those first CIA pilots were shown the A12 hidden in the hanger. They would have arrived no doubt on a "Connie" and then saw that! Wow! Local UFO reports must have gone sky high, pun intended.

In all areas of life a large pinch of skeptism is required.

In Reply to: Re: Some extra airspace was needed last night posted by Roadeye on March 10, 2011 at 11:47:51 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]