fed technology conference (las vegas) (a bit off topic)

Message posted by gary on December 07, 2001 at 21:47:37 PST:

I know there are a few Las Vegas members of DLR. You may want to check out this conference:
www.cesFederal.com
============
Info:

The Convention is being sponsored by the Government Electronics and Information Technology Association (GEIA) and is being planned and produced by National Conference Services, Inc. (NCSI). Various Federal Agencies, including NSA, DIA, CIA, NIMA, NRO, US Army, US Navy, Department of Interior and other groups will co-host the event and participate on its planning committee.
=====
If you are serious about attending, I'd suggest registering for the CES at www.cesweb.org , which would be much lower profile and keep you off the feds mailing list and/or watch list. The general CES badge will get you into the federal exhibit.

Looking at the exhibitor list, besides the obvious NIMA, here are a few I found interesting:

www.keyghost.com who makes the nasty keyboard keystroke recorders and keyboards with secret keystroke loggers built inside. What, me paranoid?

http://www.securelogix.com to detect unauthorized modem and fax use. But would it have kept the cammo dude manual a secret?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]