Re: Yes - you can take photos - it's the law - my experience

Message posted by Kurt on January 28, 2011 at 5:51:13 PST:

In the mid 90s I had to go to Dyess, AFB on business. During my stay in the area I was stopped by base security(?) on public land outside the base after they somehow saw me taking pictures of the big earth covered bunkers that are there. I have no idea how they knew I was taking pictures because all I did was pull over to the side of the road, roll down my car window, and take a take a couple quick pics. I never even got out of my car and there was nobody around at the time. A minute or two after I started driving again a blue USAF pick-up truck with "cop lights" flashing on top came flying up behind me and pulled me over. One guy walked up to the passenger side and one guy came up to to me. He asked a bunch of questions, told me pictures were prohibited, took my camera, removed the film, gave the camera back and let me go with a warning to not ever do it again. I have no idea if they had legitimate legal authority to do any of that on public land, but frankly, under the circumstances, I was not about to ask them if they did!

In Reply to: Re: Yes - you can take photos - it's the law. posted by RickB on January 27, 2011 at 8:15:39 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]