Re: Growing up in different areas (OT)

Message posted by Robert on December 18, 2010 at 14:07:26 PST:

Interesting thread! There is not a day that goes by when I am not thankful for where I live. There is so much in the desert surrounding Las Vegas. I currently live about 25 miles from the Nevada Test Site (and yes, I wrap my private parts in tinfoil each night before I go to bed). It is really fun exploring the various sites around this part of the Nellis Range. When I lived in Las Vegas I gave tours of Area 51 (The Paradise Ranch) and really learned more than I could have ever imagined. I took the wife out to Area 51 years ago and we enjoyed it so much I decided to start a web site and give tours on the side (I teach 5th grade in Las Vegas). The tours were mainly for people visiting Las Vegas and didn't have any transportation. I made a few bucks, but never really enough to compensate for the time and effort involved. The hobby eventually got a little too big, I couldn't afford to take any more time off of work and the web site was very time consuming. The most incredible aspect of the tours were the fabulous people I met. We had so much fun exploring the area. They all were so into it and we shared a lot of great times. I miss those experiences. Most of the people I took on tours we still stay in touch with facebook. A majority of the tours were with Australians and Brits. Great fun! Probably more fun than if we had actually seen a UFO. And yes, most of the people were into Area 51 due to the Bob Lazar folklore, but I still enjoyed it immensely. I miss my 3-4 trips a month out to Area 51, but I still get out as often as possible. I have lots of photos and stuff on my blog. The web site was too much effort, so I pulled the plug (for the time being) on it. If anybody from the DLR family is around the Test Site part of the Range and wants somebody to hang out with, let me know, I love any excuse to get out of the house and explore the area! (a51tours@aol.com) Many of my photos are here at my blog. I try to keep it updated with various things I see around the Range!

Attached link: The Paradise Ranch Blog: Destination Area 51

In Reply to: Growing up in different areas (OT) posted by TheSkunkWorks on December 17, 2010 at 14:54:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]