Re: Growing up in different areas DREAMLAND COMMUNITY!

Message posted by Swede on December 18, 2010 at 10:14:33 PST:

Hello everyone!

At least the most of you live in he right country :)
I live in Sweden, pretty far away from Nevada, California and all other places of interest regarding the US Air Force.

I Sweden the word military is nowadays synonymous with budget cuts and today there's sadly not much left. We do however have a very rich and interesting Air force history, starting in 1950s all the way up to the 90s, the SWAF developed an ingenious Air Force basesystem called base 60 that later became Base 90.

If Sweden where to be attacked, the air force would spread out their fighters over a large number of small airfields. The airfield would have one main runway, and two extra runways within a few kilometers from the main base (In many cases they would covert roads so that they could (also) be used as runways). In this way, it would be very hard to wipe out the air force. Planes, ammo-depots and other buildings would often be cleaverly disguised in the surounding vegetation.

If any of you would like to know more about these airbases, mountain hangers or the swedish air force in general, please let me know, i'm more than willing ti share my expertease!

My list of awesome aifcraft.
1. Saab 35 Draken (So beautiful)
2. XB-70 Valkyrie
3. SR-71 Blackbird
4. B-1 Lancer
5. P-51 Mustang

/Swede

In Reply to: Re: Growing up in different areas DREAMLAND COMMUNITY! posted by TheSkunkWorks on December 18, 2010 at 7:44:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]