Re: Growing up in different areas DREAMLAND COMMUNITY!

Message posted by RickB on December 17, 2010 at 21:32:24 PST:

Hey SkunkWorks, I also feel the exact same way!! I am an Illinois "flatlander" and grew up near NAS Glenview. I was born in 1958 and my parents had a home just a short distance from the base, directly under the flight path of the main runway. From there I became addicted to all things flying, especially military fast jets. Since then, I have been fortunate to be able to travel all around this great country of ours (do wheelies!), and then some...

DREAMLAND COMMUNITY:

Me: Fishing, hunting (ducks, geese, pheasants), outdoors, military base fast-jet photography, video..... and especially vintage motorcycles (the annual Las Vegas Vintage Mid-America Motorcycle Auction Jan. 6-8 is coming up!).

This is a fun show! Last year, our trailer contained a couple of vintage dirt bikes, a 1973 Honda CR250 Elsinore and a 1973 Suzuki TM250 MX motocross bike which we took out to a big unencumbered dirt bike riding area to the northeast of Nellis AFB and just south of I-15 (I believe that this area is called the "Nellis National Dunes Recreational Vehicle Area"? or something like that).

Jets... planes.... beautiful desert.....open space... and dirt bikes! ....Yes!! F-22's flying over too?....PRICELESS!

More to come....travels, photos to and around Eglin, Tyndall, Hill, Fallon, Lemoore, Miramar, El Central, Luke......and Tonopah and Goldfield, NV.

rbglenview@aol.com

Rick

In Reply to: Growing up in different areas (OT) posted by TheSkunkWorks on December 17, 2010 at 14:54:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]