The Dreamlandresort Community

Message posted by RickB on December 11, 2010 at 20:31:43 PST:

Has a space ever been considered here for the posting of "Facebook" type information for the individuals who regulary participate and contribute? I DO NOT ask this in the context of "1984 Big Brother" reasons, but rather for the informational benefits that could be available to us all.

Would we like to know a little more about who we are discussing with? Would having some very generic background information on the people who discuss here help enhance our participation and experience in any way?

For example, "GroomLakeMan: 52 years old, born in Utah, non-military, lived 30 years near Hill AFB, fast-jet military photo hobby, now resident of Ash Springs, NV"

I find myself often asking who is this guy (or gal), where does he come from, is (or was) he military or non-military/civilian, his age, etc.

We all know with great respect about Peter Merlin and others.... Steve Douglass, etc, ... who are or have been regular contributors. How about the rest of us?

Might there be a way or a place here where individuals could post a little bit about their own background and interests (if they choose to do so)?

Might this also help facilitate some additional channels to share information here, knowing a little more about who we (you) are talking to?? ...or no? Just thought I would ask...

Rick

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]