Re: Nice Have Blue photo

Message posted by Steve Douglass on December 11, 2010 at 6:48:23 PST:

The "photo" literally came out of the blue - pun intended. It was an e-mail attachment from "chllpepper@hotmail.com."

I've tried replying to get more information but all mail bounces back.

In the body it read>

"Steve I thought you might like to see this photo taken over the Groom Range in 1977. I've been a follower of yours ever since you published your Intercepts newsletter. This photo has been in my possession for years (i had lost it) but just now found it again. I had been meaning to send it to you for some time.

I think it is one of the stealth prtototipes that led to the F-117. I was a worker at Area 51 from 1975 through 1985 and we were working on a road when we saw an F-15 fly by. I had a camera with me to document our work and i wanted to take a pic of it but then i daw this little plane and it was so strange looking I shot it instead.

Thanks for your work!"

Note: I too am very skeptical. Although there is nothing to indicate scale - it does look small to me - lacking in detail - like a scale model. If it is a flying RC model - undoubtedly it will pop up somewhere else on the Internet - maybe at a RC flying meet.

I'm always skeptical of anonymous sources and especially single photos with no EXIF data or a way to check on their provenance.

However, I thought I'd post it see if other reached the same conclusion - possible fake.

-Steve Douglass

Attached link: Black Horizon

In Reply to: Re: Nice Have Blue photo posted by RickB on December 09, 2010 at 21:16:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]