Re: 2010 Aviation Nation Photos

Message posted by Hankmann on November 20, 2010 at 19:22:58 PST:

Thanks RickB, glad you enjoyed the pics. I have just posted some F4 Phantom pics, love that plane !

I'll be doing an EDW/Plant 42 post tomorrow night after the NASCAR race, JOERG can either swipe the post off of my blog or I can email the post directly as my trip report.

Nothing too exciting, kind of a let down to be honest. Went there thinking I could visit all the abandoned planes, but that was FAR from the correct thinking.

As far as Nellis security, I read the ramblings of the other post on too much, not enough, just right amount of security. I had media creds, so I was not hassled at all. As long as the pass is visible, they leave you alone. heck, right next me in the photo pit was a crew shooting the show in infrared ! They required a power generator once the realized the plugs weren't active. The base was quick to provide one for them.

Off to my right was an annoying speaker maybe 8 foot tall, someone requested it be taken down as it was in they way of the photographers and within 10 minutes, it was removed.

No problems I saw at all with tensions or over bearing security. Thing to remember, not just you but all of us, is while this is an air show, it is an air show on an active military base with live weapons nearby. Why shouldn't there be snipers on the roofs? Heck, I would second guess the situation if there weren't !

Never saw security at Edwards, but will go in depth in the trip report.

In Reply to: Re: 2010 Aviation Nation Photos posted by RickB on November 20, 2010 at 12:50:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]