Re: Apparent missile(??) launch near Los Angeles last night?/CBS report

Message posted by Matthew Ruch on November 09, 2010 at 16:32:45 PST:

Just some food for thought, from another mailing list that I am on, the same one I introduced yyou to earlier this year when we found the x-37b...

As always feel free to draw upon your own conclusions...

"I hope I am not going too far off topic...

There are a number of things that need to be considered for a western missile range launch. Air traffic, sea traffic, rail traffic, launch danger zone evacuations and road closures. This forces a public release from the controlling agency of a "window" of time that these conditions will be in effect. This "window" is simply a block of time that allows the safety measures to be set up and usually does not represent the actual "launch window" for the particular launch that is set by mission requirements. There was no such public release of information for this event that I am aware of.

If Brian of Launch Alert mailing list was not aware of it with his connections, it most likely was not a rocket.

I am a veteran observer of vafb launches since the 1960's, know the sources to monitor and have my spots to go observe based on the launch azimuth, whether publicly released or I have to guess at it.
So if this was really a launch from a submarine, surface vessel, island, dod, commercial, amateur or whatever, it was performed with no regard to the safety of the general public. I think its just a slow news day and we are wasting a lot of air time and bandwidth on it"

In Reply to: Re: Apparent missile(??) launch near Los Angeles last night?/CBS report posted by RJT on November 09, 2010 at 14:27:41 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]