Re: Introduction

Message posted by Flyer on November 25, 2001 at 21:54:21 PST:

I have read Toms report as well as others. I have also seen the before mentioned video with the F-15s. From my understanding Nelis seems to be willing
to "cooperate" as long as they are: (1) not suprised by you popping up on them during an exersise and (2) they feel you are under their control. Weekends would be prefered but might be uneventful. The airspace surrounding R-4808 and 4809 are MOAs. In most other parts of the country all thats required is a call to the controling freq. for advisories or when they are "hot" for clearance. I would treat this one a bit different and phone call Nelis first to arrange the trip. They know what is legal for to do and might allow some deviation while enroute. I can tell you of being a suprise "pop-up aircraft" during an exercise in R-4007 Patuxent River. As we flew over a surfaced nuclear sub with an stream of rubber rafts assulting the shore, we were buzzed with F-18,F-14,A-6,C-130 and Blackhawk equipment for the entire time in the area. It was like being part of an airshow. When I was flight planning a trip to Rachel in 1999 I spoke to a member of "Blackjack" control after being routed thru Nellis tower. Maybe someone knows of this control station. When I have my next trip out planned, I will let you all know.
Frank Stamm

In Reply to: Re: Introduction posted by Gus on November 25, 2001 at 16:40:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]