Re: Introduction

Message posted by Gus on November 22, 2001 at 9:49:27 PST:

I chartered a 172(N5319V) from North Las Vegas and was planning to follow the route of I think Tom Mahood, by the way I hired a pilot as well!!
It was a Sunday in late Feb 2000 and we departed sometime around 1300hrs local and followed highway 95 up to Indian Springs. Enquires had already been made and to the best of my knowledge we had the chance to cross R4807A towards Rachel, but I was warned that there was a 'front coming in'! The flight was extremely bumpy and I saw and photographed 7xCh46s on the ramp at Indian Springs I also took further shots as we headed North but I don't think they were anything special.Nellis gave us permission to cut the corner off R4808S but as well as being thrown about, up ahead I could see that the weather was closing in real bad, the tops of the mountains were hidden in the cloud. At the Beatty VOR we then decided to throw the towell in and head back south because of the cloud situation. The pilot took a hand held GPS with him just to make sure we didn't stray where we shouldn't, however it is a long journey if you can make the whole round trip and it works out a bit expensive for one person. The best way to do it would be in a twin(quicker) with 3 guys chipping in towards the cost, but it's something I would like to try again sometime in the future, we could even land on 375 for lunch at the Inn!!

In Reply to: Re: Introduction posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 21, 2001 at 17:09:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]