Re: Edwards AFB plane spotting locations request

Message posted by Fetus on October 19, 2010 at 0:25:35 PST:

The best place I have found to plane spot is the area north of Hwy 58 and East of Hwy 395. South of Cuddeback Dry lake is a supersonic corridor and I've seen some high speed tests and jets flying near Fremont Peak.

Off Highway 58 near North Edwards, you can catch planes on final as they come across the highway.

Panamint Valley, Saline Valley and Death Valley are good to catch the F-18s. Last month, I drove up to Bishop CA and got buzzed by a F-18 Superhornet that flew at telephone level down the median of the 395. This was just north of Ridgecrest.

The museum at Edwards is closed to the public and you can only visit it if you have official business on the base. They are trying to move it to outside of the main gate off of Rosamond Blvd. There is an SR-71, U2 and F117 museum near Plant 42 in Palmdale that is only open on weekends.

In Palmdale, you can watch planes on takeoff from Plant 42 at Sierra Highway and Ave N.

You can also spot Predator/Reaper drones near Grey Butte Airfield.

If you need more detailed info GPS info, contact me.

In Reply to: Edwards AFB plane spotting locations request posted by Hankmann on October 14, 2010 at 21:27:14 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]