Re: Possessing a Firearm

Message posted by Gregos on October 06, 2010 at 21:19:00 PST:

I have only seen one mountain lion in the countless trips up to Area 51. Luckily I was in my car approaching Hancock Summit coming from Las Vegas. The road cut thru a small hill and the embankment on each side of the road was about 20 feet high. This thing came running down the hill full bore about 100 feet in front of me. It bounced once down the hill and maybe twice up the hill and then it was gone. All I remember was seeing how muscular it was! It was an awesome sight.

The first time I climbed Tikaboo Peak, I went up with only my camera and water. As I was coming down I thought wait a minute, I'm on a mountain? Mountain lions??? Then I got really spooked not having any protection. Thank god I didn't run into one!

I carry for personal protection more from man, especially when I used to camp in a tent at the "Hidden Campsite." It seemed every time I was there something strange happened. For example, one night around 2 am I was sky watching as my wife slept in the tent. I heard a car come to a fast stop on HWY 375 about 400 yards away and a few doors slam. Then I heard either fireworks or most likely gun shots. Probably drunks doing some target practice at the "Open Range" signs along the road. You can't see the hidden campsite from the highway because of some small hills. Well I climbed up one of the hills and good thing they didn't come down that dirt entrance road. I would have lit them up, I was so spooked! True story ;-)

In Reply to: Re: Possessing a Firearm posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on October 06, 2010 at 20:55:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]