Re: Tikaboo Hike

Message posted by Gregos on October 05, 2010 at 13:35:12 PST:

Hi Marcus,

I hope you enjoy your trip! One thing I suggest is if you are going to make the hike or if you're in contact with Glenn, pass the word to take some trash bags! When I went up in August the trail up to Tikaboo Peak was down right a disgrace. Countless empty water bottles all the way up. I only had an empty shopping bag, so I could only carry down a small amount. I felt like that Indian fellow in the 70s or 80s PSA not to pollute! The Indian with a feather not the dot! Just a few people with a few small kitchen bags could clean the trail up nicely. :-)

I should leave it at that, but I just don't get the idea of throwing an empty water bottle on the ground??? I just weighed an empty 1 liter Gatoraid bottle an it weighs exactly one ounce! There was room in the backpack on the way up! Right? It just boggles my mind. The empty weight is insignificant. I almost want to go on the hike just to clean up but I have family coming to visit on the 7th and I don't think they would enjoy the hike! Lol. Ok I'm off my soap box now...

Anyone making the hike, have a safe and great trip!

All the best,

Gregos

Attached link: Keep America Beautiful

In Reply to: Tikaboo Hike posted by Marcus on October 04, 2010 at 10:08:00 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]