Re: In Defense ..

Message posted by Robert on August 23, 2010 at 20:23:34 PST:

The beauty of Area 51 is the mystery that surrounds it. We are the outsiders trying to look in. They are the best in the world at keeping secrets. They don't let out a damn thing unless it has been carefully thought out and cleared for us. I know we would all like to know what goes on in there but, it is safer for ourselves and our country and we all know this, but it is still fun to try and discover things. I live 20 minutes from the NTS and the window I am looking out as I type offers a great view of the air space over the Nellis Range. I go out to the Area 51 side of the range maybe 3-4 times a month. It is so rare to see or hear anything out of the ordinary. They are so good at keeping things secret. What little that we can get a glimpse of is fun to discuss. Peter Merlin, Steven Douglas, Joerg, and few others really do a great job. They may not agree with each other, but that is fine. We can't get onto the base, so there is going to be differences of opinion. It is totally ridiculous to personally attack somebody. That doesn't serve any useful purpose. I guess people get really worked up if they think they are correct. I am always skeptical of individuals who have inside "sources". The type of individual that works out there is the best of the best. They don't let things out! Off the record or not, they aren't letting things out! Maybe some of the workers from many years ago, can talk about things, but current workers aren't going to let thing out of any consequences. I found out about a guy who worked out there 10 years ago and he wouldn't even mention the name Area 51. He referred to it as "out there". He knew I knew where he was talking about but he wasn't going to let a single bit of info slip out. Each word was carefully chosen. I have to believe most of the workers, pilots, security, and others are all this way. That is why they were chosen to work out there! To those that are active in researching, keep working and posting here. I enjoy sharing and discovering things related to the Range and Area 51! I know Peter, Joerg, and Steven have spent many years in the field, as well as I have, and many others, so in the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along?"

In Reply to: Re: In Defense .. posted by Steve Douglass on August 23, 2010 at 19:04:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]