Re: Why Russia radar sites?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 21, 2000 at 14:59:02 EST:

Yes, I have seen it (as well as the sites around the Cedar Gate) active during the last Green Flag. They were running some kind of a test, beginning around midnight on a Wednesday. That is well past the normal night sortie of the Flag exercises.
On one of the Groom frequencies I heard the ground controller talking to two AWACS that were deployed over Reveille and Tonopah. After everyone was in place they switched to "mission frequency" and I lost them. I then saw a fairly low-flying plane, about the size of a 737, circle over Sand Spring Valley, from midnight until at least 2am. It looked like a tanker, but I never saw it refuel anything. It kept going in circles, and about every 15 minutes came right overhead.
During all that time the radar sites were active, and I THOUGHT (not sure though) I saw a smaller plane fly in the vicinity of the North Gate.

These are the facts, I leave it up to everyone to figure out what they were doing.

In Reply to: Re: Why Russia radar sites? posted by gary on November 21, 2000 at 14:40:30 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]