Need help with Boring 3am radio traffic

Message posted by Paul on August 09, 2010 at 17:43:51 PST:

In october of last year, i was staying at a little campsite along 375 between the mailbox and groom lake road. Around 2:50am my scanner woke me up with Ramrod, Rebel 02, maintenance and P1 doing something. The freq was probably 377.85 or 375.8 (too sleepy to write that down lol). Traffic ended around 4am.
I had already found and was also monitoring Groom control VHF/UHF and also Groom Tower on VHF plus the standard nellis control freqs. As far as i could tell, nothing was flying. Ramrod keeps telling Rebel 02 to start and stop. Maintenance and P1 were running through test cards. At 2:55 in the video a door cycle is mentioned. Anyone know what this is all about? A B-52 did some sort of test flight later that morning and launched or droped 2 items into what i think was the 60 series ranges. My only guess is that these early moring coms were them getting ready for the B-52 test flight or some other one that maybe i missed after going back to sleep. Any light that can be shed on this traffic would be appreciated.

Attached link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DywPv3IPMtE

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]