Busy at NTS and Creech AFB

Message posted by Robert on July 26, 2010 at 21:01:40 PST:

The amount of construction at Creech AFB is amazing. They are definitely building at various parts of the base. Most of the construction seems to be a both ends. Between the base itself and the South Control area near the prison there is quite a lot of construction going on behind the small range in between. You can notice it just after you pass the base and the hangar area. The roofs and tops of whatever is out there is just barely visible in one area. The end of the base towards Cactus Springs is completely leveled and cleared. They have paved some asphalt areas. It is difficult to see how much from the road. The Nevada Test Site is very buys lately. I have notice a green charter bus that is taking workers from the NTS to Pahrump. The bus leaves the Test Site at about 6pm and arrives to drop workers off in Pahrump at one of the RV parks. It is walled and gated. I can't tell if temp workers are staying there or if this is a commuting pick up and drop off area for local workers. I have just moved out to Pahrump this past week. I have always been interested in the NTS and Creech AFB, so I will be doing plenty of snooping. I already miss heading out to Area 51 as often as I used to, but this part of the Range seems to have quite a bit of activity for the time being. This is a poor photo (cell phone camera in the car whiel driving) but this rather large cargo plane took off from the air strip outside of Mercury at around 6pm this evening. It headed straight towards Tonopah. I will work on upgrading the camera! Sorry

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]