Re: Why Russia radar sites?

Message posted by passenger 51 on November 21, 2000 at 01:26:44 EST:

This may be just thinking out loud, but I've always wondered about those sites. Gary has a great picture of that mobile thing on his site- has anyone tried to match those things up with illustrations in books as to whether they actually are old soviet stuff? I'd be curious to see if that mobile sucker shows up in a book somewhere - maybe Janes or whatever the current equivilent of the Soviet Aerospace Alamanac by Air Force Magazine is. Actually, that's probably wrong, I don't ever remember seeing radar sites in that.

Besides that, the obvious question I've always had is that if they are in fact old Sov units, why place them so close to the perimeter in view of anyone who's looking? TPECR seems like a lot less visible place, and TECR would be good too. By the way they've protected the Migs, you'd think that they'd protect their radar acquisitions that way also. I must be missing something.

In Reply to: Re: Why Russia radar sites? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 20, 2000 at 17:47:32 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]