Re: Trauma on the Range?

Message posted by Gregos on June 18, 2010 at 13:43:17 PST:

10-7_paramedic, Thanks for the info. I was going to mention that just because it was an Air Force Rescue bird, doesn't mean it was coming in from from the NTTR.
I once saw an Army helicopter Medevac out a civilian during a Mountain Rescue:

I was on the road crew for a band back in 1997. We were playing the Gorge in George, WA state. It's like a small version of the Grand Canyon with the stage built on the edge of the gorge overlooking the Columbia River. In the afternoon, as I was done and walking to the tour bus, really really heavy winds picked up and it was swinging my lighting trusses into the stage's ground support roof system. After all the commotion of securing the lighting rig was over on the stage, we noticed first responders on the edge of the cliff about a mile away. Apparently the wind blew someone off the edge and they fell about 100 feet down into the gorge. After an hour or so, an Army Blackhawk Medevac showed up to pull the poor guy out of the gorge. I don't know if the poor geezer made it or not, but it's nice to know those guys are there if needed. God bless them!

In Reply to: Re: Trauma on the Range? posted by 10-7_paramedic on June 18, 2010 at 7:41:15 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]