Re: Strange activity over a strange place...OT?

Message posted by Roadeye on June 07, 2010 at 12:29:54 PST:

Well sir...
I live just a few miles out of Charlottetown and didn't see or hear anything either.
So I can relate to what your best friend is saying.
Still though...
I must tell you that I do work for a media outlet in Charlottetown.
I do know that a number of people called it in, asking questions.
I do know that one of these was an ex-military man who witnessed what he saw along the north shore of Prince Edward Island.
I am only quoting what he said.
I, unlike you, cannot speak to the numbers and wouldn't attempt to.
What I do know for certain though is that at least one local media outlet made calls to the Charlottetown Airport Authority, it's business hours are Monday to Friday.
Calls were also made to Moncton Airport, who's air traffic control centre looks after the Charlottetown airport and the airspace above it 24-7.
Calls were also made to RCC Rescue Coordination Centre in Halifax, N.S. to CFB Greenwood in Nova Scotia, and I'm told to CFB Bagotville in Quebec...by the media.
All replied there was absolutely no activity in the area.
Again...I didn't witness the event myself.
But, unlike you, I'd hesitate to call a number of people with absolutely nothing to gain by asking about what they saw a bunch of b.s.ers.
I do know these calls were made, I do know what answers came back.
So I can agree with you that no media covered the sightings.
What I can't explain though...is why so many people, people who never met, and who are not interested in aviation anyway would all chose to lie about the same thing at the same time on the same night.
It doesn't add up.
So I asked a question...to people who may know, not to prove any point but just for some thoughts on the matter.
I appreciate your input sir.
But maybe your best friend who lives here, like me, didn't see or hear anything at the time... just like me.
I do know the media was contacted though.
I do know the calls were made.
I agree the story, because of a lack of information, went unreported.
That does not mean the people who reported seeing the activity didn't see it though.
I, unlike you, would never consider myself qualified to make that call.
I'd leave that up to people who don't live here, but have best friends who do.

Just my two cents.

In Reply to: Re: Strange activity over a strange place...OT? posted by Matthew Ruch on June 07, 2010 at 11:24:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]