Re: Interesting thought?

Message posted by Pete on April 28, 2010 at 12:49:17 PST:

Hi Richard,

If I understand your message correctly.

Area 51 is 25 miles west of Tikaboo..

From Tikaboo peak which I climbed last week..

its a 22 mile drive (or maybe 10 miles if you have a good 4 wheel drive down another trail thats much more difficult to drive down) from the main 93 highway down a desert track where you pass captuses to the bottom of the mountain where the terrain changes from Desert to a mountain zone with trees and differing vegitation.

upon climbing to the peak of Tikaboo.. you then get a view of the valley...

All you can see is mountains and desert... with the trails / tracks and roads that are within the valley.
You can see the dust trails of anyone who drives down the trails... most that are likely to be Cameo dudes driving around the area.. although some no doubt will be employees.. as I believe a bus comes each day from Las vegas with employees.

You can also see the desert Dry lake bed that I estimate is about 40 to 50 miles south away .
and you can also see the 375 highway going North to Rachel.

Area 51 is west of Tikaboo peak and can JUST be seen in the distance on the other side of another lower mountain range..to see any detail you need either good binoculars or telescope or a good zoom camera.

The nearest towns are Rachel, Alice springs and Alamo.

Rachel is furthest away from Tikaboo and in the desert and only has a very small population (I believe about 70 to 100)and most people live in very basic accomodation.. such as trailers, caravans or huts.. The Little Alien inn is the main central place people reside.

Alamo is the largest town and is closest to Tikaboo.
I would estimate its about 12 to 15 miles away as the crow flies..otherwise you have to go back down the 22 mule track and turn left at the end about 7 to 10 miles North along the 93 highway..

There is VERY little sign of Life in any direction from the peak... the dust trails are the only main signs of activity..

I was around the area 4 days last week and saw very little.. I only seen 3 aircraft fly into the valley..
but the main point of Interest was seeing a very bright light raise about the Area 51 area and hover for about 20 mins...

see my comments that I made on this thread...

Visiting tikaboo mid April

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/forum/messages/32410.html

hope this helps..

In Reply to: Interesting thought? posted by Richard on April 27, 2010 at 21:36:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]