Well I went up there in hopes of seeing but saw......

Message posted by Jason on April 20, 2010 at 15:37:20 PST:

Well I made the trek to edwards lastnight in hopes of seeing the space shuttle land but that didnt happen. However, I did see 4 different flights from the base. The first plane was a B-2, I know it was dark but it was obvious the 2 times he came in for a landing then while over the lakebed he grabbed a bunch of power, turned right then flew directly over. Couldnt mistake it for anything, landing lights and landing gear where both down. Then after it landed I observed what I think was a UAV. Its stayed at a relativly low altitude and never left the lake bed then landed after say 30 or 40 minutes. It also didnt make too much noise but i did hear a very low rumble of a jet engine a couple times when he turned away. Then another plane I think was about the size of a fighter took off and flew around the airspce for about 50 to 60 minutes. Always staying over the lakebed or around the range to the south and a little to the east as well. Always staying within eye site. It was obviously a jet of some sort because I could hear the engine everytime he flew over. Two times it looked like he did stalls but not sure because your eyes can play tricks on you with no background light. After it looked like it would sit still for a few seconds it would go in a downwards motion along with a ton of engine noise. He also did what could of been a touch and go, grabbed power and went up a few thousand feet and did large circles and flew around all over. Anyway, just wanted to tell my story. Oh yeah and the last plane was at about 6am and was all white and the size of commercial jet. (not a Janet) the plane had two engines on the body of the plane towards the back and the rear wing was on the top like a C-5 or C-17 would have. He tookoff and went east out of sight. Have a good one.

In Reply to: Re: Shuttle Landing at Edwards. posted by wouter on April 20, 2010 at 12:15:41 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]