Re: A51 Sounds

Message posted by Gregos on April 18, 2010 at 1:05:06 PST:

It would not be illegal to do. If you watched the last show Peter did, I believe it was called mystery quest or something like that. They placed cameras in the desert facing Area 51 for a few days. There is no difference. Without hearing the sound described by Hankmann, I would have thought a unidirectional or shotgun mic would work. Or perhaps a parabolic microphone. Then there is the method of recording it and how long you want to leave it run for. But that all boils down to money. Even on a shoe string budget you are still looking at a lot of out of pocket expense. Let say you were going to record straight to a computer hard drive, you would need the mic, a laptop computer, car batteries and inverter and a solar panel maybe. Something to house it all in for protection like a knack box or at least one of those plastic rocks from Home Depot to conceal it. If the Cammo Dudes saw you placing this near the gate I'm sure they would inspect it and then remove it. Finder's keepers! One way to get around the money and someone tampering with it is to come up with a BS story you can sell to someone to fund the project. Like monitoring a certain local wildlife and then redirect your focus to Area 51 instead -Ha ha ha. Just don't get caught because that sounds like fraud to me ;-)

In Reply to: Re: A51 Sounds posted by hankmann on April 17, 2010 at 22:39:21 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]