Is there more than one way to Climb Tickaboo ?

Message posted by Pete on April 12, 2010 at 12:22:23 PST:

Hi,

I was looking at the Tickaboo area on google maps
and I noted it shows the 22 mile trail from the 93 highway...

I zoomed in as much as possible, and when I select the TERRAIN OPTION I can see the contours of the surrounding mountains / area...

I can see the trials elevation and its closest reading is 6800 ft... and it appears that IF I was to continue on after the trail that theres a slow bend around what looks like a steeper area on the left. which is a higher part of the mountain that goes up to 7600 ft. I can see what appears to be a more gradual gradient if you walk on after the trail as it bends around to the left around the steeper slopes.

this seems a gradual incline of about 200 ft that rises to 7000 ft..

I can see two main peaks... ie the one on the immediate left of the end of the 22 mile trail..
and Tickaboo which is further west in what seems another valley... As you go around the 1st peak, I can see a slope behind it from the North that rises to about 7400 / 7500 ft...inbetween the two peaks.

I am just curious if one was to try and draw the trail on that map, if it would be shown as approaching from the North up the gradual 400 / 500 ft slope... OR do you approach up the 1st peaks slope
to the left of the end of the 22 mile trail and on over the top onto tickaboo... I assume this peak is the false peak..

IF I could I would draw what I am trying to describe..
but I am not sure how to post a image on the forum,

I was wondering is there more than one way to climb up to tickaboo.

thank you.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]