Strange plane identification... info please

Message posted by Stealth Blimp on April 09, 2010 at 16:51:52 PST:

Hi,
I'm new to this board but I've always had an interest in Area 51, Groom Lake, S-4...etc and I have a question maybe someone can answer.

Yesterday my wife and I were coming back along the Extraterrestrial Highway about 20 minutes before sundown and we got buzzed by something right near the Area 51 Park & Ride (at the junction on 93 and the Extraterrestrial Highway. It came in LOW (and I mean low)...it looked like a EA-6B Prowler BUT it was painted all black, had no markings, and made no sound. I tried to get a picture of it but my dumb ass had the flash on and missed a good opportunity. I did catch it circling back over the mountains back towards Groom Lake.

I know that cars sometimes become "targets" for war games...and to be honest I'm glad I got a neat story. My question is has anyone ever seen something like that before or is it something new? Like I said I wish I got a better photo. My wife and I both wrote up a list of what features we remember and the EA-6B Prowler is the closest match.

I also saw the workers bus coming down the Groom Lake Road and my wife and I got a photo on a dirt road that looks to lead off towards the hills. Maybe it's because we had a GPSR in the car and were talking about looking for Groom Lake Road or Mailbox road that we saw the plane...or maybe it was just a coincidence. Sorry for the long ramble but I just got back to Pittsburgh, Pa after a LONG day of flying and I had to post this while it was still fresh in my mind.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]