Re: Visiting tikaboo mid April

Message posted by Pete on April 06, 2010 at 17:25:20 PST:

Hi Hank,

I appreciate your comments and advice and note what you say.

Its been some time since I read through the forum.. and I am considering the trip as there was a cheap flight offer that is hard to resist.. so its a short term decision that I feel have to make a decision on.. as Flight prices seem to increase after Mid April. Ideally Id prefer to visit in May /June with longer days shorter nights... but I am not sure if the viewing conditions may be better between April / early May..

I did visit the area late last year on a Very quick drive through on my way back to Las vegas after I had visited Death Valley and decided to make a detour up to Tonapagh and down the 375 to Rachel ...
That was a LONG route with Very little to see on the long dark roads... I got a glimpse of the Tonapagh airport base... seen some unusual coloured lights in a field just after the turn off onto the North 375.. and was alarmed by some cattle as my headlights shined on them....

But I didnt see any sign what so ever of any Aircraft..

Am I right in assuming that these days very little is seen that may resemble UFOs.or unusual aircraft.....and that most sightings are just aircraft that can be accounted for.

I witnessed more unusual events at Death Valley which is west of Area 51...seeing military aircraft Very high up flying into what seemed like a small rainbow coloured cloud in a overall very clear sky...What caused the cloud to be rainbow colour I dont know... but it was very unusual..This was just above bad water..the Lowest point in the USA.

I arrived in Rachel in the dark around 5 am and stopped there for about an hour ... The Little Alien was closed, but could see through the window...and I only had time for a very quick look around the area as it came light... I must admitt I was surpirsed at the size of the place and how it was laid out...

The surrounding area with the Long distance roads in 4 directions have an unusual presence..

After leaving Rachel, I was absolutely amazed at the view of the valley down toward the tikaboo Mountain range... it was spectacular and I have to say one of the most incredible views that I have ever seen..
The Light as the sun was rising above the mountain range and hitting the valley and hills towards area 51 was magnificent.. An great looking panarama.
I dont think I have ever seen light like it.

I ran out of film taking photos before I even got to the Post Box...I still havent as yet had them developed..Hope to do soon.

After leaving the View of The Area 51 valley, It was also impressive as you go up the hill road and into the back valley..

I recall seeing the building with the big Alien on it.. IF I recall this is a UFO museum...it wasnt open at the time I passed... not sure if its worth a visit if I go this time!

I had to rush back to be in Las vegas by mid day... and I managed to find the trail entrance to Tikaboo after I had passed through Alamo. I did note one motel on the main road just after the petrol Station if I recall..

The Two Lakes looked impressive with the yellow in the trees / foiliage... and the road back down to Las vegas although long had spectacular mountains either side..The Final part of the Valley as you reach the main highway back to vegas seems also unusual.

Its certainly an area of interest. and was much more impressive than I expected.

Best regards

In Reply to: Re: Visiting tikaboo mid April posted by Hank on April 06, 2010 at 16:15:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]