New Construction at Rachel Gate

Message posted by Robert on April 03, 2010 at 21:41:34 PST:

I went for a little pre-Easter visit to see if the Easter Bunny had left any eggs for the "Cammo Dudes" and found a little construction going on at the back gate near Rachel. I haven't been there for about a month so I am not sure what is going on. About 1/8 of a mile before the back gate there is a large staging area for equipment. It is perfectly rectangular with a entrance and an exit. It looks to be able to hold quite a bit of material or equipment. There was nothing in there today. The guard shack has quite a bit of gravel to the right of the shack. At first I thought maybe they were putting up some new type of berm. I am not sure if it is going to be used for filling in the road and spraying the asphalt over it like they did on GLR. I guess it could be used for some type of building construction. I am leaning towards putting down a layer of gravel and then asphalt spraying it like they did on GLR. I am left wondering why it was put there and not in the cleared out area. Any thoughts?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]