Re: Intro A Little OT

Message posted by Patrick on November 06, 2001 at 16:53:36 PST:

Thanks Joerg,

Well back in January We left Vegas and headed that direction everything was normal as could be. When we got to Rachel we did stop in the Lil A Le INN and ate some really good food and of course bought the goodies.
In talking to some of the people there they had metioned that the north gate appeared not to be used much anymore. So of course we went there and the road was snow covered no tracks no nothing. when we got the gate there was no one around no pickup trucks or anything around the guard shack.

So we headed for Groom Lake Rd. and as I told the guy driving when we got close to the border to slow down I didn't want any camo dudes to have free rain.

Well as we got to the border I looked around and there wasn't anyone at all. As the driver placed the van in park and we got out no sooner did we get out there they were sitting atop the hill watching.

Other than that there really wasn't anything going on,

I personally wanted to stay longer and see if I might catch a glimps of something but we were in town for the superbowl ( weekend guy trip to vegas for the superbowl ).

My goal is to learn as much as I can as I am wanting to plan a trip during warmer months before they take Tikaboo and camp up there for a couple of nights .

And Thanks to you all for the info you guys do a killer job.

patrick

In Reply to: Re: Intro A Little OT posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 06, 2001 at 16:37:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]