Re: Interesting article from DLR's own, Norio Hayakawa.

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on January 28, 2010 at 7:54:55 PST:

Thank you for your kindness, but my request is that this topic be laid to rest, please, on this site.
My position on this subject matter is quite complicated.
All these years my speculation has been that perhaps Lockheed or other contractors may have worked on prototypes of UAVs as early as the late 1980s and may even have test-flown them at the base. In the early 1990s even Sikorsky Co. seemed to have been working on smaller remotely-controlled platforms.
However, I also have speculated that Sandia Labs as well as Phillips Labs within Kirtland AFB here in Albuquerque may also have worked on prototypes of UAVs as early as the late 1970s right here at Kirtland, next to the Manzano Nuclear Storage areas.
The subject of UAVs have always interested me very much.
But as far as this article on allnewsweb, my request, once again, is that this topic be laid to rest.
This is my sincere request. Please continue with other more tangible topics here on this very important site. God bless you all.

In Reply to: Interesting article from DLR's own, Norio Hayakawa. posted by tzarmason on January 27, 2010 at 19:30:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]