Re: Was anyone near Indian Springs on Friday?

Message posted by Hankmann on January 09, 2010 at 20:38:35 PST:

I'd say they lasted about 5 secs.

They weren't really like an engine noise though, just the wave.

How can I explain . . .during some high speed passes at Nellis, the F-22 produces a concussion wave(?) which preceeds the engine sound. I noticed this during the practice runs for Aviation Nation. Now when the F-22 produced it, the wave was much larger and noisier . . .probably because I was on Cheyenne watching the demo. Out at Creech the wave was almost more felt in my ear than heard, so to speak. Almost like driving the highway with your rear window down and you get the annoying wind blasts.

I wish the cloud cover would've been less Friday, I may have possibly been able to spot at least a dot up in the sky to tie to the wave.

As far as a general direction it came from, I was positioned looking towards Creech with 95 behind me. 3 times it seemed to come from behind and twice from the right maybe twice from in front.

Of course there was no one else around at the time so I couldn't compare the feeling either.

I plan on going out there again this week for the practice if they have it, so I will be ready for the waves, try to arrive earlier also.

In Reply to: Re: Was anyone near Indian Springs on Friday? posted by Robert on January 09, 2010 at 11:37:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]