Re: SB County mountains - Miller Canyon update

Message posted by greatguess on January 05, 2010 at 19:29:19 PST:

for what it's worth. i live about 4 miles from the west end of the plant 42 runway and have for 35 years. i am very familiar with the sounds that come from the airfield - especially during nighttime. this morning at about 0605 i was getting ready for work when i heard what i first thought was something taking off; i looked for it out my second floor window and saw nothing climbing out to the east. i just dismissed it in my mind at that point. at 0612 however a much larger rumble ramped up that really got my attention; it was a sound typical of a B1 or B2 going to takoff power based on my past experience. i realized at that point the earlier sound i had heard was the taxi into position for takeoff; i have only heard (felt) taxi sounds in the past from B1's and B2's that i can remember. anyway, i looked outside again and could tell whatever it was was moving down the runway from west to east because of the way the sound was acting. i looked for any lights or burners and saw nothing as whatever it was departed the area. somebody got a new toy today i think. the same kind of sound ocurred last summer in mid-august if i remember right. it had been years since i had heard (or felt) those sounds in the middle of the night but they were very recognizable.

In Reply to: Re: SB County mountains - Miller Canyon update posted by johnnylawless on January 05, 2010 at 9:37:18 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]